10 years ago I was:
A newly wed of six months
Living in the Avenues in Salt Lake City
Going to the Temple once a week
Working at Wasatch Security Group
Serving as our Ward Primary Chorister
5 things on today's "to-do list"
Study the Axial skeleton and the Appendicular Skeleton for an Exam
Cut TONS of vinyl lettering for a St. Anthony ward's Super Saturday
Go pick up the Basketball Game schedule for the two teams I am coaching
My kids are STILL out of school on Harvest break so we want to do something FUN!(Blaire says that I HAVE to paint her nails:0))
Last night after my class I came out to a flat tire so I need to take my car in to get the tire fixed!(I should probably do this first)
5 Snacks I enjoy:
Fresh Fruit
Key Lime Yogurt
Rice Krispy treats
Ice cream
CHOCOLATE!
Places I have lived:
Castle Dale, UT
Huntington, UT
Salt Lake City, UT
Rexburg, ID
(Living in Rexburg I have moved nine times built two houses and lived in a camp trailer for six months with five kids building our last house!)
5 Jobs I have had:
Administrative Assistant Wasatch Security Group
3:30 A.M.!!! janitor at Ricks College
Albertsons Lobby- selling tabacco products and renting videos
A Juvenile Detention Officer
Now...I am a Mother, Wife, Student,Vinyl Lettering Designer HA HA!, and a Primary Worker (Yes- I have been serving in the Primary for eleven Years!) Best Jobs I have ever had!!!!!
5 Pet Peeves:
-When my house is not clean!!! And that is the case most of the time! I just can't concentrate on anything unless it is in order and honestly it is so hard to keep it clean with five little ones!
-I cannot stand it when the toilet paper roll is not on correctly! The toilet paper should come over the top of the roll!!! You should never put it on the holder with the toilet paper sticking out from underneath! That really bugs!!
-I have to have my OWN tube of toothpaste. I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE USES MY TUBE! My family knows it's off limits.
-Under no circumstances will I share a drink with ANYONE not husband, kids, NO ONE! Floaties make me so sick. I really start to get watery toungue just thinking about it! Wade thinks it is so funny that I can kiss him but not even share a swallow of a drink with him! I guess he does have a point! Never the less I don't share drinks!!!
-It drive me crazy just to SIT AROUND! I have tried and I just can't. I always have to be doing something. Cross something off my list, making something, accomplishing anything! Wade will look over at church during our meeting and just smile because he knows how hard it is for me to just stay still. In those cases I am usually rolling my ankles or bouncing my leg up and down thinking about all that I need to do and what I can do better.
5 things that bring me joy:
My Family. I love to be together immediate and extended. I LOVE Holidays and Traditions. Love em' especially when they smile!
Working in the yard! It is such therapy for me to grow flowers. I love getting my hands in the soil and watching things grow. I LOVE FLOWER GARDENS! Giving and getting starts of flowers from family and friends is such a joy. Everytime I see that certain flower I am reminded of them. I name flowers after my children and I pray over my garden!
I find joy in learning new things! Wade and I did the majority of the work building our home from the excavation, finish work to the masonry work on the exterior of our house. In fact I did the majority of the stone work. Wade was at work and I was living in our camp trailer and I just couldn't wait for it to be done, so I mixed the mortar and just did it myself.
I find joy in friends and entertaining! I love to have company and hosting all kinds of parties! I am getting excited for our second annual neighborhood Christmas party. Last year I made almost two-hundred doughnuts and cooked them in dutch ovens. All of our neighborhood came to enjoy hot chocolate and doughnuts. We hung out by a big bonfire and had a Christmas donation can to give to the Bishop for a needy family in our ward! (I wanted to do this instead of dealing with neighborhood gifts, plates of goodies etc. We use the money that we would have spent on those gifts and give it to the donation can. It takes of a lot of Holiday stress of all of the families and is so much fun visiting and playing in the snow with friends and neighbors. The kids love it!!) It is a fun tradition.
I do find my greatest joy from living the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I love feeling the Spirit and having a relationship with my Father in Heaven! I love attending the Rexburg Temple and recieving the blessings that come from temple worship. I love studying the scriptures and sharing the gospel. I love serving others and find joy forgetting my troubles and trying to focus on others. This is really where pure JOY is found.
I tag: All of my fellow bloggers! I would love to learn more about you!
This Saturday’s Recipes by The Pioneer Woman
6 years ago




11 comments:
Looks like you have been doing some fun things! (BYU conference). It was fun reading all the 5 things about you! Nice job! You are such a great person and I miss ya!
Cute Mist! I did not know you lived in a camp trailer with 5 kids. What the??? For 6 months?? Thanks for noticing! Cute tag, you sound so busy! Oh, and I got extensions a couple of months ago.
OK, I am going to have to explain that last comment. "Thanks for noticing" was supposed to go at the end. Now I look like a fool! That's what I get for trying to change it around after it was done! Oh well:)!
Holy Cow... Little Miss Betty Crocker/Homemaker! Seriously Misty... It has been awhile but 15 years ago we were just giggling on a bus and crying over boys!!! Why did you go and get all domestic on me???? You are awesome... the quilting... the doughnut making... the canning... the construction woman. Would you like a job in Lehi for the next month!!! You would probably be quicker than what we have right now!!! And seriously.... I cannot believe you lived in a trailer with 5 kids... you never cease to amaze me!!! Oh, BTW - we are hoping and praying that we will be doing a little moving over Thanskgiving so I am thinking we won't make it to EC this year!!! Darnit... maybe Christmas!!!
As I was reading that, I started thinking back to our days in Young Women and how we did some really weird things. Do you remember our ride home from girls camp in Laurie Roger's Bronco? I'm kind of hoping you don't because I was such a dork. Anyway...I guess we've come a long way huh? Thank heavens (on my part!) Anyway, that was fun to read. I feel exactly the same about yard work - I love flowers!
I love learning more about you! What happened to us getting together over harvest? We've been in our pj's the entire 10 days!:)
You are one serious domestic diva! What a woman you've turned into!! Rocking the house?!? I'm not going to mention that to my husband. You are setting the bar far too high! You go girl!! This was such a fun post - I love learning more about the grown-up Misty! Love ya!
Misty,
I wish you lived by me - and not just for the doughnuts!
Oh Mylanta!!!! You are truly an amazing person! It was awesome reading your 5 things list! The more I learn about you, the more I find we have in common...minus me not being a quilter, gardener,student,etc!!!! =) It was so hard not to pick up the phone when I was reading, but I will wait till I see you tomorrow!
My hats off to you!
Misty,
That was a fun post! These tag things are kind of a geeky thing to do sometimes, but you do learn a lot about people! Were you this domestic in college? Living in the cafeteria dorms with you, I guess I didn't get much of a chance to see you cook or anything quite so "homey". You're amazing.
And I don't mean to get picky, but 10 years ago you were actually a newlywed of a year and a half already pregnant with your first child. You got married in 1997, right? Do you remember sitting in Nissa's and my room telling us about your visit to the doctor? My little 13 year old sister Wendy was laying on my bed listening and her eyes were about the size of dinner plates! Funny to think she's married with a one year old now! How did we get this old already?
Miss you tons!
Janet
That was great. I am loving this blog thing. It's so much fun learning new things about you!
Post a Comment