From the hot tub to the pool we went. We owned that place. The poor people that tried to enjoy the pool didn't last long with the Gordon fish around!

It was also a great time because it was Wade's birthday. Tyce picked out spiderman cupcakes and boy did we light a lot of candles. We had the birthday celebration at my Mom and Dads. It was a really fun night.


We also tried to "Help" Grandpa in his shop. I think we weren't too much help, but we sure had a good laugh trying on the safety glasses from the early days and sitting on the tractor.

We also took a drive down to Huntington for a few days. We didn't take pictures. We were to busy canning one hundred and twenty one jars of salsa and some tomato soup.
(and I thought that my canning days were over because my garden is long gone.) It was a lot of work but so nice to get it all done. I peeled so many tomatoes that my hands and feet hurt standing over the kitchen sink literally for hours. It really was such a fun memory. I really enjoyed canning with Peggy, Dennis, Steven and Jaylin. Dennis and Peggy have canned salsa for all of us kids for years and this year we were able to come and help!(They are so good to us!) It is hard to live so far from family and it was so nice to visit and work together. Tomatoes don't grow here as well as they do in that hot Utah weather. We were so greatful for all of the tomatoes that Dennis and Peggy grew so that we could have salsa for the comming year. We had a great visit and the kids had a blast playing with cousins. They play so well together. I also ran up to Jaylin's house and saw the most darling little girl's bedroom (pink and chocolate brown)that I have ever seen! Jaylin really has an eye for decorating. She also has the most gorgeous family portrait hanging in her family room.So fun to have a few minutes together.
On Sunday we ran over to Orangeville to see Grandma and Grandpa Snow. It was such a delightful visit. They are such great examples to me. I share the same birthday with Grandma Snow so we say that we have a "special bond" because of that day. Grandma Snow has a special gift- when you visit with her she makes you feel like you are the only person in the room with her, and that you are the most important thing in her life. After,that we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Gordons. It was a special visit too. I have started to quilt and Grandma showed me some of her quilts and fabric down-stairs. She is so talented!!!(I will learn a lot from her.)While we were down stairs we noticed water on the basement floor and tried to clean up what we could. Wade and Dennis got a shop-vac and tried to suck up as much water as possible and we threw a bunch of fabric in the dryer that was wet from being on the floor. I was so glad that we could be there to help. Sunday night we drove to Bryan and Brandi's to deliver their share of the salsa and had a great visit with them. It was so nice to catch up and very hard once again to leave. They have the greatest kids! I hope my children turn out as well. (Brandon and Hayley, We have your salsa and would have dropped it of but I am sure as we were going through I.F. that you were asleep.We will get it to you soon!)




4 comments:
Looks like fun, I just love road trips. You should've called me, but it sounds like you were pretty busy visiting, so I'll forgive you this time. Make sure you call when you head back down this way.
Sound like a great trip! You are right, that was A LOT of candles! I wish I only had that many. Happy Birthday Wade!(2 weeks ago) Misty, you are such a great example for your kids and for everybody. Always so positive and willing to help. So fun to go and see family.
What a fun mini vacation! That is so nice to be able to get away for a little while! Your kids look like little fish!:) You are doing such a GREAT job with your quilting, too. What a neat hobby- those ones you've made are FABULOUS! You are such a good homemaker, canning and quilting. How do you do it? :)
Wish I could of been there with you! Swimming is right up my alley! Love it! Darling pics of the kiddo's. I bet you were water logged (sp) after that trip. Sure glad you got to go to UT! Happy Birth to Wade! Love you!
Post a Comment