Sunday, November 9, 2008

GORDON BASKETBALL


This is our family warming up before the BIG games!! This year I am coaching two Teams. I coach my two oldest girls Ash and Shay. Macie wanted to play too but they didn't offer her age group this year but she practices with us! She is pretty good too! I think that she will be ready for next year. Blaire loves to shoot around too! Tyce just wants Wade to help him dunk the ball!! It has been a lot of fun for our family. This has definately turned into a family affair between practices and our BIG Games!



Ashlyn is loving it!! I was a little worried because she is anything but agressive! She is so nice and kind that she has a hard time GRABBING the ball and "pushing others around" on the court. You know what I mean. She wants to share the ball and not go after rebounds and to never STEAL the ball from another girl that would be bad right!? She is so cute and has come a long way! I am so proud of her. She has been scoring in every game and is really working hard on her ball handling skills! Keep it up Ash! You are the heart of our team!!!


Shaylee on the other hand has not had a problem so much with being agressive and going after the ball. We actually have to remind her to pass it to the other players. She had an awesome game and was scoring some pretty long range baskets. In fact I couldn't believe that she was making them!!! She plays HARD and is a pretty coachable kid. In fact this game she had to go play with the other team a team that she didn't know any of the girls or their coach and she was so willing to help them out! I was proud of her sportsmanship! Way to go SHAY!!!

13 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Sounds like you guys have some natural athletes! Cute pics!

Jessica said...

I can only imagine how awesome all your girls and BOY is going to be at baskteball! I so hoped Macee would want to be a little athlete but we are WAAAYYYY off in left field with that one. She is as prima-donna as they get! How fun that you can coach your kids! You rock!

Bandi Olsen said...

That looks like so much fun! Your girls are so lucky to have their mom as the coach, perfect family time.

Tanner and Kristin said...

So fun! And you are so sweet to be their coach. I wish my girlies were more interested in sports. All they want to do is dance! Have a fun basketball season!!

Jen said...

What a fun way to spend cold days as a family. You are such a great mom!

deena said...

Wow Misty! How do you have time for coaching, too? Good for you. Sounds like your kids are loving it! Good luck!

Kara said...

This scene is far too familiar with the boys--its so much fun! I'm sure the girls will take after you and Wade and be great athletes!I think its super nice of you to be the coach, too!!

Jen and Brandon said...

I am so glad to see your girls playing ball, your girls are just too cute!!

Petersen Kids said...

Hey mom of the year! You probably have some pretty athletic kids, I can't see how they wouldn't be. Sounds like fun to coach. Too bad I'm not too good at Basketball!

Mike and Bridgett said...

I also can't believe that Mic left me behind to freeze...I thought we were better friends than that. I am sure I would be more fun to take than Joel. But whatever. Your kids are AWESOME!! I bet they have fun playing ball together. I can't wait to see what Tyce comes up with when he is that age...WOW! You could be coaching ball for years to come.............

deena said...

We would love to have you guys over if you have time when you're here!

Parsons Family Fun said...

Misty!
your family is so cute. I was just reading in an old journal the other day and it was the year that you and Wade got married. That is weird that you would write something about that. Sometime when I am in Idaho Falls I will have to call you and we will go to Lunch or something! Thanks for commenting on my blog I am glad for the blogging world I have found so many people I know.
Love Ya
Emily

Lacey said...

I can relate to all the basketball, if the boys ask Libby if she is going to play basketball, she says she plays dance. Peggy gave me your site, I hope you don't mind, it is sooooo good to see you and your cute fam.