We made pillow cases. Very simple pillow cases,and then we made a big valentine pocket on the pillow. Each day through the month of February we write LOVE letters to each other and put it secretly in the pocket to find later! It has been so much fun! So many tender valentines given to four fabulous sisters and one sweet little brother. The notes are so thoughful and heartfelt! I think that our kids will treasure this tradition and grow closer together. Wade and I have been busy making valentines too! The Kids love it!







15 comments:
That is super cute! What a great idea!
I love that little tradish! I'm sure it leads to some great little notes of love and appreciation! Great job on the pillowcases! They are darling.... I haven't sewn since the 7th grade (50 years ago!!) Go You!!
I got this cool feeling looking at those pics of your kids all together, snuggled in with their new pillows. It reminded me of my childhood. You're giving them great memories!
What a great and darling idea! They turned out super cute. I'd have to own a sewing machine first to do that though, right?! Thanks for sharing!
What a cute idea! We started a Valentines tradition this year too, I just haven't blogged about it yet. Hopefully tomorrow!
Your family is so cute, and I hope Blaire is feeling better!
What a neat idea. I love hearing about others traditions and getting ideas for our family. The kids will remember those letters for years to come!
Wade looks really excited in the last pic, maybe he didn't get a note that night!
What a fun idea! They look so excited about it! Such a cute little family, I just love you guys.
Hoping to see you in Moab!!
What a good idea now if only i could sew. They are adorable
I hope that Blaire recovering.
What a fantastic idea! Maybe next year I'll be on top of it enought to do it. So glad that Blaire is doing better. It will help so much!
What a great tradition. And darling pillowcases! Your kids will always remember it. I love hearing other families' traditions. Thanks for shoaring!
So... wish I could join but do not have a bit of "Betty Homemaker" in me. I think I've mentioned before I don't even own a needle and thred. Just have great friends and neighbors. But... nonetheless... love the idea. Maybe I could try Valentines boxes or something that didn't require too much of a thought process. Have I ever told you you are one of the coolest moms ever!!!
Okay, REALLY? How come you are the mom that does it ALL??? That is a perfect idea and I am totally going to copy that. I have a new year's resolution this year to make fun traditions with my kids and that would be perfect!! THANKS!
I am totally doing this next year. The kids can't write yet, but it will be fun any way!!! By the way tell Wade when he has a cutie pie on his lap he should smile :)!!
Hey Mist! Would you mind getting Bandi a message for me? She said she found my blog through yours and I want an invite to hers. You have my email, right? Also- Christy Yost would like an invite to hers. Could you tell her somehow? Thanks! :)
What do you mean simple?! Simple my hiney!! Mine took me a lot longer than yours took you, apparently. :) Thanks for getting me started - I wouldn't have known where to start without your step-by-step tutorial. Hopefully you've recovered from the frustration by now!
Tell Wade to calm down a little in that picture with Blaire! He is out of control!
Post a Comment