Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Better LUCK next time!!!!!


My daughter Shaylee loves all holidays! She made a plan to catch a leprechaunon on St. Patricks Day. She worked so hard on this elaborate house to TRAP the little fella!She glued jewels and gold ribbons, added green felt for grass! She took a lot of time to plan this out. The Leprechaun was supose to be attracted to the sparkly things and climb up the toothpick ladder and then find a place to rest on the soft cotton ball where he could take a little nap.
Here is the sign directing the little leprechaun to SIT HERE!!!
....Then to the leprechauns surprise as he sat down to rest, the cotton ball (covering a deep hole) and the leprechaun would FALL becoming trapped inside a brown paperbag prison. I had Shaylee what she would do if she actually caught the leprechaun and she said she would keep him as a pet and if he wanted to be let free she would ask him to share some of his gold with our family so we could be RICH!
This is the scene the next morning. The little leprechaun used his cell phone to call his leprechaun friend to come and help him! His friend threw this sparkly belt down the hole to rescue him. Our trapped Leprechaun climbed right out and left a note telling us that he will see us next year!

14 comments:

Mike and Bridgett said...

Did that tricky fella leave any treasure behind? Was Shaylie disappointed? I loved the contraption she came up with!

Montana Wilkins said...

That is so funny and so cute! Maybe as spring approaches she can set a trap to catch a fairy or a gnome or a wood sprite...
:o)

Mist said...

He did leave some treasure! The girls got fish bowls with the battery powered fish that swim around and Tyce got a nerf gun! Normally he leaves a little candy in the shoes but this year so much fuss was made over catching him I think he thought he better leave something good incase he someday gets caught! Maybe Shay won't make him share all of his gold!

Christy said...

That is the cutest and most creative thing I've seen in a long time! What an imagination she has!

Ashton & Co. said...

What a cute, creative girl. That is too funny. I wish she would have caught one...I would have liked to see a picture of that!

Amie said...

Very smart girl, very smart leprechaun. :)

Jody said...

Hilarious!! I love it! And now I feel even worse for blatantly telling my kids that leprechauns are a myth. Maybe I'll tell them what happened to you guys and we'll try for next year. :) I think we'll need some pointers from Shay when it comes time to build the trap.

Thanks again for watching the kids today. And thanks in advance for watching them tomorrow!! :)

The Barton's said...

That trickster Shay! Always thinking about how to get them little buggars trapped! She finally did it. Too bad that Lep totally had his phone or he would of been stuck for good. What a smart little cookie Shay! I am so glad you posted about that! Oh boy do I miss you guys. Loves! Oh and P.S. It is your turn to call me. I feel like a stalker always being the one to call you! You are just so busy that I get scared calling at random times! So yeah give me a ring! Love ya bud! Chat with ya soon!

Tanner and Kristin said...

That is so dang cute...and so elaborate! What an imagination.

Travis and Melissa said...

You are such a great mom and your kids are too cute!!

Jeni said...

What a creative little girl!! I love to see kids entertain themselves with something other than TV or video games and she definitely proved you can have just as much fun doing things like this! Way to go Shay!!

Unknown said...

That is the cutest thing I have ever seen. I have never thought about trying to catch them. You sure are smart Shaylee

courtnee said...

We have searches for th elepracahun ourselves to no avail. If you ever catch one let us know the secret we won't share we just wan tto see one. Tee tee ha. Cut stuff Misty.
Court

Nissa-Lynn said...

I can't handle this it's just to cute! I died laughing!