Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Where are you?

I have not dropped of of the face of the earth. Although I sure wish that my garden would freeze:)! I have been canning like crazy for the last few weeks! I am exhasted. Thankful for the great harvest but I am ready for a break!I also started school on Monday so back to the books I go!Here are some pictures of the awesome canning experience! There really is nothing more satisfying than to see all of the food on the shelves in your storage room! Sometimes I wonder if it is worth the work when you can buy a can of beans for .50! Oh well I know how to can and I know what my family is eating and it tastes better! Right?!





11 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Good for you! I wish I could can like that! You are so awesome! Those peaches look so yummy. Joel would love it if I canned stuff out of our garden, I told him I'm just not at that poimt in my life! Hey- sorry about Sunday I just realized I never called you...I had a minor leg surgery on Friday and felt really bad on Sunday. Not a big deal, but sorry i didn't call! Hope all is well with you! Good luck with school!!!!

Leonard said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jessica said...

Holy Cow Girl!!! You are awesome! My oldest, Mick, came home the other day after being at a friends and he said, "Mom... Rachelle (the kids mom) was canning... do you even know what that is???" I got a chuckle out of it but I am the guilty one that watches for the sales and buys in the cans. But I do admire the canners. It is amazing it to me and you look like you have been way busy!!! Oh Ya - I thought you would be interested to know that Dana (Bott) commented on my blog the other day! You can know get to hers from mine! Thought that might interest you!

Kelli said...

If I were you I would just go in that room and stare at all those beautiful cans for hours! That's awesome and you're right-so satisfying. I do peaches, but that's about it. Good job!

Brandon and Hayley gordon said...

Good luck Mis! I know that you can do it. Anat and Phys is such an interesting class. You garden is awesome! my mom is so jealous. She is still waiting for tomatoes, or actually just hoping that they will come :)

deena said...

Wow, Misty! Very impressive. I'm just getting started with the canning.
Good luck with your class!

Travis and Melissa said...

You are amazing. How do you find time to be a such a great mom and do all this other stuff. I need to take lessons from you. Good luck with school! We need to have Blaire come over Preslee has been asking forever. Melissa

Tanner and Kristin said...

You go girl! Woo Hoo! I'm so jealous of the finished product. I have to admit, I'm a coupon-a-holic, so I just can't resist the price and downright easiness of canned goods. But, the taste of canned goods will never compare! And school? How do you ever find time to do it all? You're amazing...and always have been!!

The Barton's said...

What the crap...I guess I know where to go when the food shortage takes place! I'll be hidin' in the good ol pantry! Your's that is! The bottles look so pretty...are you sure you want to eat them? Good job Mist! I don't know how to can...Mom tried to teach me BUT I HATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Yes, I was the "fit" thrower! Sure glad to say that your my sis!
Loves!

Jen said...

I am impressed! Both with your canning and with your schooling. Don't know how you do it with a house full of kids!

Jeni said...

Go Mist! I am sooo impressed with your canning ability! Come to Colorado and give me a class.. quick!!
I, too, am in dire need for a girl's get-away! I think we are totally planning on volleyball in Moab again early next year. We'll keep you posted on the details but hopefully, you can come again! What a blast! Talk to you soon!