Tuesday, November 10, 2009

My Summer Love: YARD WORK

This summer our yard went through a lot of changes! It really is fun for me. I love to plant, water,walk around my yard looking at all of my little plants and remembering where I got the seeds or what friend shared that "start" with me. It truly brings me so much joy!

We were able to plant and harvest a wonderful garden. I did a lot of canning and feel good that I was able to get so much done even though me yard is still so new. The soil needs improvement. I have been composting and trying to do everything I can to get it just right. The weeds were crazy this year and the watering was enormous due to no watering system. We worked on this over the summer and completed the sprinkling system, planted grass (YEA!)and several new trees.

One of the most exciting things that we built over the summer was my potting shed! I LOVE it! One of my friends has some land with an old barn on it that they were going to burn down to the ground. She offered me the wood, SO, I came home and told Wade about my plan for the shed. (Lets just say he was thrilled!LOL)We went and gathered the barn wood one night for FHE and I still don't think that Wade was convinced that this was going to work or be worth all of the blood sweat and tears that this adventure was. We finished it and I LOVE IT! It fits so nice nestled around those Austrian pines.

Don't you just love it?





No comments: